This year marked another milestone for the people of Cosplay.ph for yet another immensely successful event. They were able to get guests from different parts of Asia.
To be specific:
Clive Lee (Singapore)
Pinky Lu Xun (Indonesia)
Jiaki Darkness (Thailand)
These 4 were the judges for the biggest cosplay competition here in the Philippines today, the Tournament of Champions or TorCh.
I was able to watch some of the cosplayers who joined the solo category and it just blew me away. Congratulations to my good friend, Abraham a.k.a. The Bram Bear, for bagging 3 of the awards in the said competition. I went around the venues and saw a lot of great cosplays outside as well.
Here are some shots during day 1~ :D
TorCh was just a couple of hours away. Everyone's excited, tense, and raring to go. We've got high-level competitors from around the Philippines to butt heads with each other to gain the title of the best and become the representative of the Philippines in the Regional Cosplay Competition in Anime Festival Asia which will be held in Singapore this November.
Day 1 was big, but day 2 was just out of this world. There were A LOT of new and great cosplays to be seen and I can safely say that people are stepping up their game and I believe that's a great thing.
here are some pictures of day 2 :D
The battle was intense!!! Swords flying, punches weren't held back, lasers were shooting from here to there!! It was mind-blowing!!!
Everybody saw the reason why the finalists were chosen to represent the legs they competed in. We saw some skit concepts that I've never before seen in Philippine cosplay but I'd like to share my thoughts on the skits.
- CDO's armor lighting was insane. The timing of their entrance from the video gave it the extra wow factor which was a great way to start the actual skit.
- Davao's shadow fight was very entertaining, and the timing of slices and evasions were just a bliss to watch.
- Cebu went with a bit of comedy which made it different from the rest, since I believe all the other skits were serious.
- Manila's attack on Nostalgia was great. They brought everyone viewing back to their childhood, only this time, they saw it live.
- Baguio surprised me with their additions to their skit and their drive to give everyone a great show.
- Bacolod tickled everyone's fancy with their fluid fight scene and epic "love/sad scene". The crowd, Clive Lee and Pinky Lu Xun loved them for their masterful play.
- North Edsa made a huge improvement with their skit from the qualifiers and I honestly liked their crab monster!
- Southmall was a clash of titans! Need I say more? Lasers blasting and Roars echoing in the hall.
Congratulations are due to:
Team March Omega (CDO) - Grand Champions
Team Vostel(manila) - Runners-up
and to Thomas "Hexlord" Kuan, Jonathan "Z3LL" de Belen and Alfred "Shimekops" Bayle for being in the top 10 of the Cosplay Snapshot Project!
March Omega will be representing the Philippines this November and we hope that everyone would set aside differences and support our representative in any way that you can! BEST OF LUCK TO THEM!!!! GO TEAM PHILIPPINES!!!!! WE'RE SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!